Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thursday is my lazy day

Hello and welcome! Or, as my good friend J.D. would say, "Greetings and Salutations!" This is my first official blog (in the sense that I am actually opening it up for other people to read) and I sincerely hope that you will like it. I also sincerely hope that I can manage to keep this up... it's possible that I will run out of things to say much quicker than one would think humanly probable... also possible that I will become completely absorbed in something else and forget all about this little self-inflicted responsibility. But such is life, so we digress...

This year has been hectic enough for the world, I think we can all agree, so for my part I have been maintaining a relatively scandal-free existence. I think it helps. For instance, instead of spending campaign money on clothing, I went shopping with my own credit card; rather than invite certain people to bribe me for a seat in the senate, I sat on my couch and watched Gossip Girl... I'm not saying that my alternatives are going to solve all the problems in the world, just that I am very selflessly providing some much needed balance to the world we all live in. I am not asking to be rewarded. I do it for you. You can thank me later.

In keeping with my particular brand of peace-keeping, I spent today doing absolutely nothing. (And I didn't even break a sweat!) That's right. I had originally planned to go to coffee with an old friend this afternoon (she is visiting from out-of-town), catch up (we had been a strange version of besties in high school) and wade through the impending awkwardness (our brief phone call left much to be desired in terms of any actual enthusiasm for a meeting), but as she never called me back I instead opted for a viewing of Gilmore Girl's rerun, "the Breakup, Part 2." Not exactly a valid form of social interaction, but whatever, it works.

Part two of my Thursday was supposed to be a sleep-over with best-friend-in-training, Edie-girl. We were going to watch movies and make Christmas cookies, and be our usual bratty selves, but she decided to go far away and be unavailable instead. Of course I do forgive her, firstly because she would get a complex if I didn't; and second because we are only moving it to Sunday - no biggie. And really, a good thing, because now I get to be here with you. And really, it was about time I started this thing right.

Ah, who am I kidding, this BLOWS!

I hope you have enjoyed this edition of the Annual Weirdo Pity-Party, and now it is time for me to go trim the tree!

Thanks for reading,
Ambles

2 comments:

  1. I <3 your blog so far! Is it okay that I imagined your voice to sound like Mira Sorvino's in Romy and Michele's High School Reunion?

    btw, "I do it for you. You can thank me later", got me good.

    -Himbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I love that movie! So yes, that is okay by me! Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete

Come on, tell me how you really feel!